Battery Service in Margate City, NJ at Sunny Sunoco
Car batteries are the power source to start your car. Most car batteries are now SLI Batteries (if they are not hybrids.) SLI stands for Starting, Lighting, and Ignition. That means your battery will run your lights, radio, and other accessories while the car is not started and start your car. SLI batteries are a low cycle battery that do not hold much of a charge. That is why the batteries ‘die’ when a light is left on. SLI batteries need to be recharged regularly, but don’t worry your car, if working correctly will do this for you! That is where the alternator comes in. The alternator will take over supplying current to the car while recharging the battery once you start your car.
Here’s things you can do to help prolong your car battery life:
- DO not run your car on battery power for long amounts of time.
- Make sure your lights are off when you exit your car
- If you notice corrosion on your battery or notice that your car is struggling to start, bring your car in for our BG battery service.
The battery service we provide here at Sunny Sunoco by our ASE certified service technicians will help prolong the life of your battery. We can also get you a new battery is deemed unusable. If your Battery is serviceable, we will provide you with our battery service.
We provide Battery Service by:
- first inspecting your battery and cables. This is where we will be able to tell you if this service is right for you, or if you will need a new battery.
- We then clean your battery, terminals and cables.
- We apply battery leak detector
- Install anti-corrosion battery pads.
- The last step is to apply sealant to the posts, terminals, and case to prevent future corrosion.
We provided the following video to show you exactly what we do.
See more info